We soon realized that we could not run with a front support like the 216 , as the nacelle is in the way and the prop is to close to the front edge of the nacelle. So we designed extra bracing for the rear mounting frame, then passed that over to to Dom and he cut it out on his CNC Plasma cutter.
We used 5 mm steel to make the extra side mounts with internal gussets .
Then a couple of extra stays back on to the lower frame.
New Tank mounts have been made just like on the 216 but offset to the outside.
Note the extra casing that is fitted to this 759 to allow electrical connection to the prop hub,as there is limit switches inside to allow interlocking for prop thrust reverse.
With my very helpful wife Gill the prop hub and one blade was mounted to check clearances. As you can see the blade in full feather would touch the frame. After a bit more measuring , we decided that 60 mm needed to come out.
After Chopping the frame back by 60 mm, it was all clamped back up and welded up. Next job make up the tanks.