759 Rebuild

After speaking to our friends over in Canada, we managed to acquire two spare sleeves and pistons.

IMG_2323

First job was to make a new “O” ring for the base of the cylinder.

IMG_2307

Using a pair of modified cir clip pliers , swapping the piston was a quick job.

IMG_2308

We got a new piston ring compressor from Snap-on , It works a treat.

IMG_2310 IMG_2311

IMG_2312IMG_2313

 

The replacement sleeve was fitted and secured.

IMG_2315

 

Before the cylinder could be fitted, the induction belt was refitted.

IMG_2330

No.3 cylinder being refitted, plenty of EP2 grease was smeared allover the sleeve as it may be a few months before we fire this old girl up.IMG_2331

After the base nuts were tightened down the induction pipe was tightened up, time for another beer. The next cylinder to be fitted is No. 5 and that will complete the back row.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>